Announcements‎ > ‎

Weekly update 8

posted Feb 7, 2014, 7:33 AM by Austin Milt
This week I sent out my first draft of my second chapter (now titled "Four key concepts to reducing impacts from shale gas surface infrastructure") to someone in my lab for review. I think that counts as a step towards publication. At the same time, I have been making and refining a figure I posted in a previous update, and refining the stats at the same time.

Since last week, I made a major change to the optimizer that is the meat of this GIS planning tool I have been working on. In short, the way I measured impacts before was kind of funky because I needed impact values to be positive such that more positive values are worse. I've now amended that so that values can be compared to a baseline such that deviation from the baseline is worse. It makes interpretation and calculation of impacts much more intuitive.
Comments